DECEMBER 2017

DECEMBER 2017
Artist Adra Brown gave a wonderful demo last meeting.

Monday, June 1, 2015

MESSAGE FROM OUR PRESIDENT

Quite a few members attended my presentation at the Lighthouse Art Center on Third Thursday and  I hope that you enjoyed hearing and seeing about my trip to New York. 

The new Whitney Museum alone is well worth a trip.  It breathes new life into a whole section of the city and has created quite a buzz. I would also encourage taking a few of the free neighborhood walking tours offered by the city….I am a native New Yorker and really enjoy them.  Of course, a trip to New York would be incomplete without visits to the Met, MOMA and the Guggenheim.

Now I am off to Spain and Italy to savor the art…especially the Contemporary work.   I am very excited about spending time at the Venice Biennale once again. I cannot get enough of it and will certainly share my experiences in the Fall.

For our June meeting, Katy DiGioia will ask members to talk about their work on display at the Art of Association exhibit.  We are showing in the lobby and I think that the art looks great.

Another exhibition venue has been offered to us by LAC.  The Jupiter Hospital Urgent Care Center on Donald Ross Rd. is asking for artwork with a nautical theme.


I will get out a bulletin about it at the beginning of July.  If you have work that you would like to submit, send the information to Linda Mathison.

The Awards ceremony for Art of Association is on Thursday, June 18th at 5:30.

Drop off of Art to the Eissey Theatre is on June 24th in the morning.  This show will run through October.

We will not be having a July meeting…….so…….have a wonderful summer!

Gerri


CALENDAR:

JUNE 8, Monday             NCAA meeting, 7PM…..Discussion about artwork on display
JUNE 15, Monday           Change art at Corner Cafe, 2:30
JUNE 18, Thursday         Awards Ceremony at LAC, 5:30-7:30
JUNE 24, Wednesday     Art to Eissey Theatre, 10-12

No comments: