Dear Artist of the Community,
The Lighthouse Center for the Arts will be hosting Bra-Vo, an exhibition and auction
to help support the fight against breast cancer. The event is being held in honor of
our very own Evelyne Bates, who battled and won her breast cancer fight in 2008.
A portion of the gallery will be dedicated to a collection of “art bras” created by the
artists of our community. The bras will be on display from January 7 – February 11,
2010 in conjunction with the Komen Race for the Cure. At the conclusion of the
exhibition, the bras will be auctioned off and the proceeds will go to benefit breast
We are looking for artists to commit to designing a bra for this very important cause.
The bras can be as crazy and creative or as elegant and beautiful as you wish. Visit
the link below to see examples of “art bras.”
We want each garment to be its own piece of wearable art. Please view the
participation requirements below.
- Artists are asked to supply their bra for decorating. LCA is not responsible for supplying your bra.
- Bra is to be submitted on a padded satin hanger for display purposes. Artists are to supply hanger when submitting bra.
- The displayed bras are considered a tax deductible donation to the extent of the law and all net proceeds will go to benefit breast cancer research.
- Bras must be submitted on January 5, 2010.
- Any bras not purchased at the auction will remain property of LCA to use for future raffles, auctions, displays, etc.
attached paperwork. We look forward to your participation!
ARTIST COMMITMENT FORM
Title of bra:
By signing and submitting this form, I am giving my commitment to the Lighthouse
Center for the Arts to design and create an original art bra for the Bra-Vo exhibition
and auction to be held January 7 - February 11, 2010.
• I understand and acknowledge that it is my responsibility to supply the bra that I will
decorate as well as the padded, satin hanger on which my bra will be displayed.
LCA does not take responsibility for supplying these items.
• I understand and acknowledge that displaying a piece in the exhibition is
considered a tax deductible donation to the extent of the law and that all proceeds
will go to benefit breast cancer research.
• I understand and acknowledge that if my piece is not purchased at the auction, it
remains property of LCA to use in a future auction, raffle, sale, etc.
• I will submit my art bra to the center on January 5, 2010 between the hours of
10:00am - 4:30pm.
Artist’s Signature: x
This letter serves as your Record of Donation for tax purposes.
Lighthouse Center for the Arts is a Not-For-Profit 501(c)(3) Charitable Organization. Your donation is tax deductible to the full extent of the law.
Reg. # CH1856
A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE (800-435-7352) WITHIN THE STATE. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.