Message from the President, Gerri Aurre:
First of all, I am very happy to report that Carol Steinberg is recovering at an astonishing rate from her recent surgery. I'm sure that she will be back to normal and better than ever, within weeks.
- Show at the Lake Park Library, delivery on Oct. 1, 2 to 5 - Opening Oct 5, 5-7 PM
- 3rd Thursday....October 15th.....at the Lighthouse Center for the Arts - This will be when "The Village Art Studios" will be in costume for Halloween....join us!
- We will be in costume again, all day, on the 31st, as we paint the day away....join us again!
- D'Art for Art donations to be delivered by Oct. 30th and tickets are still available for the event on Nov. 14th.
Tess Lindsay will be having a show at the Port St. Lucie Community Center, 2195 SE Airoso Blvd., Port St. Lucie, FL from 11/6 to 12/10. The opening reception will be from 6 - 8 pm on 11/5.
One of Lynn Morgan's paintings, "Sail", a pastel on sanded paper, has been selected for the upcoming "Solar Abstractions" Exhibit at the Palm Beach International Airport. The Exhibit runs from Friday September 18 through Wednesday December 16. Works will hang on the Concession Level. There will be an Artists' Reception on Thursday, November 12 from 5:30 to 7 p.m., which is free and open to the public.
Studio Space available across from the Lighthouse Center - contact Judy Boland-Caruso for info at 561-346-8703.
Mark Your Calendars
Sept 28 - 9AM - noon - deliver work to Jupiter Town Hall (see entry form for details)
Oct 1 - 2 - 5 PM Deliver Paintings to Lake Park Library
Oct 2 - 6 - 8 PM - Jupiter Town Hall - Opening Reception
Oct 5 - 5 - 7 PM Lake Park Library Opening Reception
Oct 12 - 7 PM NCAA Meeting
Oct 15 - 3 PM Corner Cafe
Oct 20 - 2:30 PM Boulevard Rest.
Oct 22 - NCAA Board Meeting, Thursday, Oct. 22 - lunch first at: Gallery Grill, 1:00 (bring coupons) - Meeting at: Village Art Studios, 2:30
No Change in Oct at Bacio's
Call to Artists:
- The NCAA will be exhibiting at Molly's House, Stuart, FL in May 2010. Please submit your name, a brief statement about yourself and your art as well as a jpeg of one of your paintings to Doreen Lepore as soon as you can if you would like to be in this exhibit. Use the following email address: email@example.com. Thanks.
- Don't forget to check this website for artist's calls: South Fl Cultural Consortium
- Elliot Museum, Stuart FL - 6th Annual Juried Art Show - Deadline 11/2 - click here for entry form, rules, etc. - you'll have to click on their link on the right hand side of the page once there.